The 我的职业发展账户(MyCAA) Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, 认证, or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field. MyCAA is part of the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program that offers comprehensive coaching, information, tools, and resources to support military spouse career exploration, education, 培训和授权, 就业准备, 和工作关系.
请参见 MyCAA简报 which provides basic information about the MyCAA program and military spouse eligibility. This Fact Sheet also provides points of contact for who can help spouses, schools, 和参与组织.
How to get started with Champions and the MyCAA Program
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, O-1到O-2, who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.
Each eligible spouse must electronically sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) confirming the following statements:
- 我读过 MyCAA简报 并同意我有资格参加MyCAA.
- I confirm that my goal is to pursue employment in a Portable Career field.
- I understand that if I fail a course or fail to complete a course, my MyCAA Account will be closed until I complete counseling with a Military OneSource Career and Education Consultant and get the support I need to successfully pursue my Portable Career goals.
- I understand that if I fail to enter correct school and course information into the MyCAA Account system, I could be held responsible for paying for courses included in my Career and Training Plan.
- I authorize MyCAA to release information necessary to work with my school for MyCAA Financial Assistance.
- 我授权公开我的学习记录, to include grade/transcripts and financial reports concerning my enrollments for the school(s) I have included in my Career and Training Plan to the Department of Defense.